Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September to Remember: Day 6

6th – Did I mention it’s fall? Reiteration post on why I’m pumped for fall

It's only Day 6 and Brig is already recycling post suggestions? This might be tougher than I thought.

OK, seriously I'm excited for a certain someone's 30th birthday on the Cape. I don't think I've been off season before and avoided sitting in traffic for hours. We probably won't go for a swim (I'm more of a pool guy anyway) but it's still beautiful and everything should still be open so we'll still be able to do stuff.

I'm excited for the Patriots because duh. More than any other team they are my #1. We'll still have Tom for 3/4's of the season and are still a Super Bowl favorite. The Gronk/Bennett TE combo should really be something to watch. And even if I can't figure out how to get around the no cable thing, it should really be something to listen to too.

I don't even love apples that much but I like the act of apple picking. We actually talked about going this past weekend but I think it's too early in the month. Mid-September just feels right... a couple weeks into the school year equals hay rides and learning apple varieties. Maybe a corn maze. They're a little overrated in my opinion but I think corn is a little overrated too. Wait, why don't they just call it a ma(i)ze? (OMG that joke was a-maze.)

I'm ready for my first Pumpkinhead of the season. Get the sugary sweetness flowing! I don't have time for any of the "real" pumpkin beers -- get it sugared up and tasting good please. Nobody asks for pumpkin pie without any sugar and tasting more natural so I don't see where these beer snobs get off. Are there pie snobs? Maybe I just don't roll in those circles. Anyway, I want to go to Wegman's and end up with a 12 pack of Pumpkinhead and then 2-3 6 packs of other delicious looking pumpkin beers they have out to try. Not always a recipe for success but it is fun debating the merits of beer based only on the description on the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment