Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September to Remember: Day 28

28th – Worst birthday ever

I've never had some terrible or embarrassing thing happen on my birthday. There was the year I cut my finger on a deli slicer and had to go to the hospital but that was a couple days after my birthday.

I guess my 30th (not for THAT reason) because Brig got me pretty good with a surprise party. She asked me what I wanted to do and mentioned going to the Patriots Hall of Fame at Gillette Stadium. Brig can't stand football so I knew this was a grand gesture.

So I was all excited to go with her and then a few days later she tells me that she had gotten a text from one of my friends and that they wanted to take me instead. I was a little bummed that Brig wouldn't get to see it but my buddies actually like the Pats so it was still gonna be pretty fun.


We had a great time while there but it was getting towards meal time so I thought we should get food while there. They were all like no, no we'll just pick something up after we get home. I said well can we order something and pick it up on the way? And they said we'll order but have it delivered to the house. I thought that was weird but said OK and one of them went off to order some pizza.

We headed home and I was thinking nothing of it, just chatting as we went up our street. I walk in the house looking for Brig and turn the corner from the kitchen into the dining room and see all these people in the living room. Surprise!


My friends had to convince me not to get food because there was already some at the house for the party. Then one had to make a fake phone call to a pizza place. Then I was somehow oblivious to all my friends' wives cars that were parked down our street as we drove by. Boy was I fooled.

So, no, my 30th was definitely not a "worst" birthday but I was hoodwinked and that's never a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment