Sunday, September 11, 2016

September to Remember: Day 11

11th – Rant about a coworker

This topic is pretty timely as one of our worst recruiters just put in his 2 weeks notice on Friday. But he won't be the focus of this blog post. I have a recruiter on my team who uses the word 'myself' incorrectly. And frequently, I might add, which is what makes it so annoying.

I think I tweeted about this (something I do so rarely nowadays that you know it has to be a big deal if I'm mentioning it there) and said "This kid on my team misuses the word 'myself' constantly. He means 'me' but says 'myself' instead. "Can you forward that email to myself?""

Arrgh, it sounds so awful and I just want to yell at him. But I'm no English major; I can't sit there and explain to him why that's not the proper use other than my classically trained ears throbbing in pain every time he says it.

No comments:

Post a Comment