Thursday, September 1, 2016

September to Remember: Day 1

One of my favorite bloggers (button to the right) just introduced #babblingbridgeseptembertoremember and I'm gonna give it a shot. A post a day on such great topics as:

1st – Summer wrap up
2nd – Best summer reads recap
3rd – Obligatory “Why I’m excited about fall” post
4th – Fall must haves
5th – “Be late for something day” is also “cheese pizza day”, so this post will obviously be about the reaction I get after arriving late to a Labor Day BBQ while grubbing on a huge slice of cheese pizza 
6th – Did I mention it’s fall? Reiteration post on why I’m pumped for fall
7th – DIY tutorial: fall makeup
8th – DIY tutorial: fall hair
9th – DIY tutorial: fall nails
10th –Most embarrassing moment in life, described in great detail (bonus points if said moment happened during the fall)
11th – Rant about a coworker
12th – Rant about your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend
13th – Shrewd political analysis of the 2016 election forecast 
14th – Photo tutorial: how to take poorly lit and largely mediocre photos for your blog and Instagram
15th – Home tour; the peek into my life you’ve been asking for all these years 
16th – All the best new fall shows ranked, from someone w/out cable television 
17th – Blogging pointers from someone w/ a kickass blog
18th – Instagram pointers from someone w/ over 60 followers
19th – Recipe: Homemade cat treats even a feral cat won’t touch
20th – Trendsetter post on all the things you might not know about yet, like kale and coconut oil and ombre hair
21st – My take on the first season of the Serial podcast, since I just wrapped it up (only 2 years late) 
22nd – Why dogs are better than people
23rd – Why cats are better than dogs
24th – Why all pets are better than kids
25th – Six years together w/ B; a celebration of us
26th – One week til the big three-oh! Birthday posts commence
27th – Best birthday ever
28th – Worst birthday ever
29th – What I think Brent and my sisters are planning for my (surprise!) 30th! 
30th – 30 in 30; since I’m about to turn 30, it seemed appropriate

Yes, I think we're all looking forward to 9/12. But for now... a summer wrap up!


Remember when summer flew by because of the dread of school starting up again? (Except college, of course. Couldn't wait to get away from the parents.) Now it feels like summer flies by because we never have time to do all those fun summer activities.

We didn't go to the beach, we didn't play frisbee or volleyball and we didn't have a beer olympics (in an Olympics year, mind you!). I sure did mow the lawn a lot though. And we bought some great patio furniture.

OK, that last paragraph was meant to sound pathetic... I know how to influence my reader(s).

We actually had a great summer! Syracuse? Plymouth? Newburyport? Philadelphia? Providence? Block Island? I think all of that happened in the summer but who can remember. Brig opened a new restaurant (it's not HER restaurant but she helped open it) and my sister even got engaged.

Wow, what a post to re-enter the blogosphere. I don't want to write too much as I'm still shaking off the rust and the list above makes this look a lot longer than it actually is. Yay!

1-of-30

3 comments:

  1. WHO IS THIS????

    ps: when did we go to Portsmouth? is this how i'll find out you have a mistress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, meant Plymouth. Too many "mouths" to feed.

      Delete
  2. How did I only find this now??? Perhaps because I stopped checking your blog when it became clear I would no longer learn if you ate out on any given day. I am going to read all off these. I can't wait for your hair and makeup tips.

    ReplyDelete