Saturday, September 24, 2016

September to Remember: Day 24

24th – Why all pets are better than kids

Well, the streak came to an end yesterday. I had done 22 of these blog posts and gotten them all published on the day of. Until yesterday's cat > dog post which I didn't end up doing until this morning.

Yesterday was my company's 9th birthday as well as the last day of a kid on my team so we went out after work. I got home just before midnight and somehow realized as I walking into the kitchen that I had to get a post up. But when I grabbed my phone it said 12:01 and all was lost.

Anyway, pets are better than kids because it's more socially acceptable to abandon a pet than it is a kid. Although using that as a bargaining tool to make the pet/kid behave better may not have its desired effect since A) the pet doesn't understand you and B) the kid probably can't mentally grasp any other situation but hey.

Pets and kids are pretty similar though in that you need to train them and sometimes they need to be put in their room for timeouts and they can make a mess of the house, etc. I just want someone to impart my vast wisdom to but Binx just wants me to scratch his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment