Saturday, September 3, 2016

September to Remember: Day 3

3rd – Obligatory “Why I’m excited about fall” post

Fall has always been my favorite season. I think it goes back to my soccer playing days -- knowing I'd be hanging with friends and scoring (more than) goals. Fall is the most sense-fulfilling season. You can see, smell and feel it.

Apple picking, hayrides, pumpkin everything (pie, beer, spice latte), cornstalks, cider, turkey, foliage, football, school, a light jacket. What other season has so many things come immediately to mind? Spring: flowers, pastels; Summer: the beach, al fresco, school-less children everywhere; Winter: shoveling, 4:00 pm sunsets, a dearth of life.

Why am I excited about this fall specifically? Somebody has a big, round-number birthday coming up and we have trips planned to the Cape and Portsmouth (not Plymouth ;)). My biggest battle will be figuring out how to watch the Pats now that we have cut the cord. Leave suggestions in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think Dale and Erma would let you in to watch the Pats?

    ReplyDelete