Monday, December 3, 2012

This Charming Man

On November 4, I saw the front man of my favorite band play a solo show at the Somerville Theater. In case you didn't guess it from the title (which is a song by The Smiths that they covered) this person is Ben Gibbard.

I have seen Death Cab play two or three times previously but I couldn't pass up a chance to see Ben perform in a more intimate setting. Brig was completely wowed and I think fell in love with him that night.

He played a lengthy set between guitar and piano and made sure not to ignore any part of his large body of work. Of course he played Death Cab and Postal Service songs but he also went all the way back to his All-Time Quarterback days. I was especially excited when he broke out You Remind Me of Home from the HOME Vol. 5 EP (and which you may have heard in this Dell commercial).

I posted as much of his playlist as I could remember on my Tumblr page: yeewuz.tumblr.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment