Saturday, December 22, 2012

Book Review: Gone Girl

by: Gillian Flynn

Brig recommended this book to me and if it was already old news back when she read it, then 3 more months probably isn't a big deal.

Gone Girl is about a husband whose wife goes missing on their fifth anniversary. The chapters switch between the husband narrating what's happening in the present and the wife's diary entries. We learn quite a bit about their relationship and how their lives led up to that fateful day.

There are quite a few twists I didn't see coming and the story always kept me enrapt. It was a book I put down (multiple times) but that's only because in real life sometimes you have other things to do. I'm not one to indulge in large swaths of reading at once but here it was easy to knock out 70-100 pages in a sitting.

And the true sign of a good recommendation, I think I will be checking out Flynn's other books now with equally high hopes.

1 comment:

  1. So many twists! Watching you read this book made me want to read it again. Now that's the sign of a good recommendation.

    ReplyDelete