Friday, December 14, 2012

Just keep swimming

Finding Nemo was released in 2003. Little Miss Sunshine came out in 2006. Both of these movies finally became mine in 2012. Why is this a big deal? Because I have had both of these DVDs on my birthday list and Christmas list since they became available.

I'll give each movie an extra year -- assuming that they didn't come out on home video until after Christmas of their release year. That means Little Miss Sunshine was on my lists 12 times and Finding Nemo 18 times before someone actually stepped up and got them for me.

It's not like these aren't well-known films. Finding Nemo may have been in and out of the Disney vault but Little Miss Sunshine was out there. I know because I got it for my sister one Christmas. But no retribution.

Luckily, I have a wonderful gal who cares about these things. She asked for Christmas gift ideas and I sent her my list. She posited, correctly, that I also sent this list to my family and that there was a chance someone would duplicate efforts. I pointed out these 2 movies and told her this tale... likely guaranteeing that someone else will also finally give in to my years of wanting. Oh well. Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment