Sunday, December 23, 2012

Book Review: I Suck at Girls

by: Justin Halpern

Two things before I jump into this post. First, you may have noticed that I deleted the tab up top for "Recent Books." If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will see why... Shelfari! Everyone likes visuals and I prefer this approach to showing off my reading collection. The second thing is, I still have love for Goodreads. I use that site to track what books I want to read, what I'm reading currently and to rate the books I've completed. That won't change but they didn't have a blog widget like Shelfari. Now, to the book!

I did not like Halpern's first effort, Shit My Dad Says. Why would I go back for more? Three reasons: 1) It was only 170 pages. 2) I read a preview chapter online that was funny. 3) I also suck at girls. And my leap of faith was greatly rewarded.

I loved this book. It was extremely funny, Halpern kept the story moving and he stayed out of his own way (which he wasn't able to do in his first book). His dad was in there -- of course -- but much more naturally and his comments actually fit and flowed. If you're a guy you have to read this. If you're a girl, well, I have no idea what you like. Halpern never quite figures that out either.

1 comment:

  1. I love the shelfari widget! Looking good, BB!

    You really hit the nail on the head in this post. Especially admitting that you have no idea what girls like. Well done.

    ReplyDelete