Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Massive Good Eats

Since I returned to this blog on November 29 after a 2+ month layoff I promised I would catch you up on what happened during my furlough. So far, I have checked nearly everything off my list except one: a massive Good Eats. Let's do it bullet style.

The Oceanaire (Financial District) - Went here for a work lunch. Pricey, all seafood, well designed interior.

Dempsey's (Everett) - I'd been wanting to try this place since I moved and it didn't disappoint. Great brunch spot.

Boston Market (Medford) - Might have gone once as a kid but otherwise had no familiarity with it. Good chicken but this location seemed a little odd.

Elevation Burger (PA) - We were pretty much starving after an epic basketball game but I think these burgers would have been good even in a normal lunchtime setting.

Philly Soft Pretzel Company (PA) - I'm not a pretzel aficionado but Brig is and she liked them here. Also, they were on an episode of Undercover Boss (hat tip to Sawheels for this tidbit).

El Burrito (PA) - A little hole in the wall Mexican joint but my burrito was much better than expected. And they sell Mexican Coke!

Continental Bakery (Everett) - Another spot in my neighborhood. Avoid Mike's and Modern and come on out to Continental! Not just pastries either, they bake a mean loaf of bread.

The Red Hat (Scollay Square) - I got a Groupon for this place because it's right near my office. The food was underwhelming and Brig thought the beer had a weird taste too.

Sports Grille Boston (North Station) - Went here before a Celts game and it was obviously packed. Every table had it's own TV which is pretty balla.

Anthem (Faneuil Hall) - Went here for another work lunch. It was fine but probably wouldn't feel the need to go back.

Four Burgers (Boston Common) - Big time disappointment. Ordering a burger here is harder than it should be and the fries are worthless.

The Tip Tap Room (Scollay Square) - A new spot that just opened up by my office. Had a great time here.

The Painted Burro (Davis Square) - Recommended by a friend of ours who also eats out a lot. My tostada was fantastic.

*As Brig pointed out in the comments I completely forgot the coup-de-grace. There is a Brazilian steakhouse in our 'hood appropriately named Braza. It is terrible. Bad service, bad seating, bad heating (they had a space heater out in the open) and bad food. The only thing that made it worthwhile was that I had a Groupon so it cost $0 because our waitress couldn't even bother to bring us the beers we ordered. FAIL

2 comments:

  1. You forgot Braza. Or is that going to be it's own "Beware of this terrible Bridesmaids-esque Brazillian BBQ place" post? It certainly deserves one.

    ReplyDelete