Monday, July 9, 2012

Plumbing, Winning and Parenting


This was a pretty interesting week from a handyman perspective. We had a plumber come to our house because one of our sink basins wasn’t draining/our garbage disposal wasn’t working/our dishwasher wasn’t draining. He managed to fix the sink and disposal but didn’t even touch the dishwasher. Apparently, that’s not Roto Rooter’s business. So Brig tried calling GE to get a technician out but they only work M-F 8-5 apparently. So we said “Eff that” and got our hands dirty (and wet) but drained (and cleaned) that dishwasher ourselves. So we still can’t use it but it’s not a pressing issue anymore.

Saturday morning we were up watching Wimbledon and I got the urge to play tennis. Brig consented and we headed over to the new courts we discovered last week. They are actually nice courts and in good shape. I’m not going to say who won our match but I will say it was the greatest comeback of all time and Brig didn’t talk to me all afternoon. (Did I say too much?)

Sunday we went up to see our friends Jason and Kristen and their new baby Samantha! She was so small (less than 7 pounds) but so cute. She didn’t make a fuss at all until I held her :-( It was my first baby-holding experience. It didn’t feel natural lol. Anyway, they did her room in a safari theme and it was the coolest ever. The monkey toy I brought her fit in perfectly.

After catching up for a couple hours we decided to go shoot some hoops. Jason informed me that the basket was a little off and boy was he right. It’s a little lower than regulation and it’s really loose. We were throwing down some dunks and afraid to put any weight on it. It was a little cockeyed too so you couldn’t really shoot from the baseline. But it was perfect for showing off to your girlfriend (Brig was impressed with my aerial acrobatics).

We headed for ice cream at a great place called Mad Maggie’s. I got a frappe which actually wasn’t that bad (I prefer milkshakes). While we were eating Kristen was telling us birth stories and they were half-hilarious, half-horrifying. But a month later and everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment