Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fun on the 4th


Yesterday we went up to NH for a cookout with my family. We had soooo much food. Burgers, dogs, linguica, chicken kabobs, corn on the cob, pasta salad and potato salad. Dessert included watermelon, key lime pie, whoopee pies and a strawberry cake. Brig & I made mini hot dog rollups for an hors d’oeuvres along with tortilla chips and a mango salsa my mom made.

After lunch, Brig, my sister and I went to the park down the street to play some baseball. We grabbed a couple gloves, a bat and a ball and had ourselves a makeshift batting practice. It was a lot of fun but it was hitting 90 out there so we didn’t stay long.

The two of us stayed late because we wanted to play with sparklers and had to wait until it got dark. Brig had never used them before and realized what she was missing all these years. My sister also had some poppers that we were throwing but not all of them would pop so the girls sent me through the minefield to pop them because I was wearing shoes and they only had flip-flops. We even got to see some fireworks that were being set off at the park across the street.

Even more distracting were all the fireworks we could see from the highway as we were driving home. At first I thought it was lightning because all you could see was the night sky lighting up but then as we got closer to towns we saw the actual fireworks. I just wanted to stop and watch but I had to concentrate on the road. We made it back into Boston by 10:30 and saw people lining up in certain areas to watch the big time fireworks. We took a pass because we were pretty tuckered out but all in all it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment