Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl XLVI

I have done everything in my power to ignore the Super Bowl these past 2 weeks. I haven’t written about it, I haven’t read about it, and I haven’t talked much about it. Now I’m all in.

I was rooting for the 49ers. Hard. The Giants have scarred me for life because of Super Bowl XLII and now they have the most talented, well-balanced team in the league. Kill me.

I have not gotten over 2008. 18-1 just doesn’t have the same panache, you know? I don’t care if David Tyree is out of the league and Plaxico Burress went to jail for shooting himself. Fuck the Giants.

What happened to the Josh McDaniels uproar? Did Bill O’Brien already leave for Penn State? No one’s talking about them anymore. When the Pats signed McDaniels to their coaching staff before the Denver game it was a huge story. He used to coach the Broncos! The Pats are getting inside information! I haven’t heard his name mentioned once since that game. And Bill O’Brien? Now that the decision has been made no one’s making a big deal out of it. It just is.

I’ve been growing a playoff beard since the Denver game. My girlfriend’s not a big fan but I can’t shave it off until after the game. Not that I’m superstitious or anything but if I shave it and they lose then that’s on me.

Tomorrow we are going to the Museum of Science. I would be too anxious if we were just hanging around the house or something. I need to take my mind off the game. Sunday is going to be awful. Pregame shows start at like 9 in the morning. I don’t know how I’m going to make it to 6:30.

I’ll leave you with this. My mom called me last week and asked if I wanted an AFC Champs shirt. I said no. She said “Oh, you must be waiting for the Super Bowl Champs shirt.” Yes, I am. The DVD too. What a season.

1 comment:

  1. thank God that beard is finally done-zo. kind of like the Patriots (zing!)

    ReplyDelete