Monday, November 7, 2011

Modern Family

I spent all weekend watching Season 2 of Modern Family. This is a show I was a little late to but am so glad I found. I knew they had a couple Emmys under their belt but I never actually tuned in to watch. I don’t watch very much TV so I never got around to it. Anyway, my girlfriend had recently picked it up and I started joining her. It is one of the funniest shows I have ever watched.

For those of you who don’t know the show revolves around three related families who share a patriarch. Featuring a top notch cast including Ed O’Neill, Sofia Vergara, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell (2011 Emmy winner), Eric Stonestreet (2010 Emmy winner) and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Kudos go out to the clearly fantastic writers who come up with the premises and jokes for each episode. I have yet to see a bad one.

The character Phil Dunphy is my absolute favorite. He’s a classic 21st century man who still thinks (and acts) like a kid, is more in touch with hfee sensitive side and has no problem taking a spa day. Seeing his choices and lifestyle in comparison to his father-in-law’s is comedy gold. Especially since he strives so hard to win his approval.

This is a show that has something for everyone. The characters are so diverse that it is impossible to not be drawn into at least one person’s story. It’s an amazing example of what America’s melting pot was supposed to become, cleverly disguised with humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment