Friday, November 18, 2011

Concert Weekend

Tomorrow my girlfriend and I are going to see The Airborne Toxic Event play at the Orpheum. Then on Monday we are going to the Garden for Jay-Z and Kanye West. Amazingly, my girlfriend called into Kiss 108 and was the 20th caller, winning tickets to Watch The Throne.

I have only been to a handful of concerts with her but we have made our way around the Boston music scene. Bright Eyes, March 10, House of Blues; Neutral Uke Hotel, April 20, Brighton Music Hall; Death Cab for Cutie, August 1, Bank of America Pavilion. She's not from around here originally so I have to ensconce her into the different styles and vibes of each spot.

Am I the right man for the job? I'm not concert crazy but there was a 2-3 year period when I was going to 6-8 shows a year. And I'm not talking about a cover band at a bar or an acoustic guitar player on the subway platform I'm talking legitimate acts at known venues. Of course, I don't have my girlfriend's magical touch with phoning into radio contests so it was a pretty pricey exposition. I've had to cut back.

But this weekend is a throwback to the good ol' days. Back when music came first and everything else was secondary. That shit cray.

1 comment:

  1. i believe i was the 25th caller...maybe i should be your fact-checker ; )

    looking forward to the post-concert review on how cray-cray it was!

    ReplyDelete