Friday, October 28, 2011

A Friday Treat

Neutral Milk Hotel's Jeff Mangum performing "Engine" live at Jittery Joe's.

"This is a happy song I wrote. It's a children's song. I was living in Seattle at the time and my life was pretty much in the shitter. So I was pretty depressed. Well, it was a long story. I had just gotten back off the train from Denver where I had moved but 2 weeks later went back. Because I was really confused about this girl. She was in Florida at the time. Well, she lived in Seattle but then she left Seattle cuz I left and she was all bummed out. Guess you had to be there. But I came back and told her to come back cuz I loved her. And in my depression I wrote this song and was happy about 5 minutes and then went back in the shitter. But out of it I get a little children's song. So, you know, things happen in funny ways."

No comments:

Post a Comment