Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Book Review: Go The Fuck To Sleep

by: Adam Mansbach

I don't have any kids but it has been impossible to ignore the buzz behind this book. Every parent is saying "It's so true!" "Hilariously honest!" "That's exactly how we feel!" etc., etc. So I figured I would take the time to read this. Besides, I enjoy cursing and rhyming so I thought there would still be something in it for me.

It took about 2 minutes. The book is 30 pages cover to cover and there's only 4 lines of text per every 2 pages. It is, in essence, a children's book with full page illustrations. I liked the concept but in practice it was kind of a letdown. The cursing felt forced and was clearly just a schtick. Still, it was funny how the parent/narrator got more and more desperate towards the end and began doubting his parenting abilities.

The real icing on the cake is Samuel L. Jackson narrating the audiobook version:

No comments:

Post a Comment