Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Book Review: Happy Accidents

by: Jane Lynch

I am not a Gleek. Far from it. So why, you may be asking, did I read this book? The 40 Year Old Virgin, Role Models, Party Down, Talladega Nights...

Jane Lynch is hilarious and I thought her memoir would provide an ample opportunity for laughs. Sorry to say it did not. It was interesting but didn't really catch my interest all that often. I'm sure it would be great for someone dealing with their own homosexuality or someone who has been to AA but I fit in neither category.

I suppose what I was expecting was a book similar to Tina Fey's Bossypants. Yet that is an unfair comparison because Tina Fey is a comedy writer and Jane Lynch acts out the jokes that are written for her. I'm not trying to take anything away from her because acting is a great talent, but it takes a sharp mind to write and especially to write jokes.

This is more of a straightforward memoir than any sort of comedy book. Consider yourself warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment