Friday, March 2, 2012

Winning!

Earlier this week I was fortunate enough to be selected by @BostonTweet to win 2 tickets to see the Dropkick Murphys at Mohegan Sun, as well as a 1 night stay. It’s been a little while but this isn’t the first prize I've won.

I was the king of filling out those little cards in stores and stuffing them in the entry box. My first raffle/drawing win was back when I was 11 or so. I won a trip to a one day soccer camp with players from the New England Revolution. I got to do drills with 4 different players (no names I can remember) and got a team picture signed by all of them.

Then just a year or two later I won a stereo from Sam’s Club. This stereo was the coolest. It had 2 cassette players, a CD player and radio. It had detachable speakers and it could record! It didn’t make the move with me but it’s still at my parents’ house in working order (except one of the tape decks. Insert ‘cassette overuse’ joke here.)

One of the biggest things in my life that I never won was locked away at a place called Yoken’s. My family used to go when I was younger and usually on trips to Hampton Beach. My grandparents liked the seafood and us kids liked the treasure chest. Attached to the restaurant was a store and in the store was a locked treasure chest. You got a key with your meal and you could use it to try and unlock the chest. It was always SO EXCITING putting your key in the lock and turning. Then turning the other way. Then trying it upside down. The damn thing never opened. I still don’t know what was in there.

The moral of the story is winning isn’t everything. But it is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. "winning isn't everything" sounds like something losers say. bazing! ; )

    can't wait for Mohegan this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete