Monday, March 5, 2012

Eating Fresh

I started my new job in November. From November through January I visited Subway maybe twice. Then came FebruANY. Any footlong sub, only $5. What a deal! I ended up going to Subway 6-8 times last month which is outrageous (unless you’re Jared).

Now you may have noticed today is March 5. The promotion is over and prices have gone back to their normal levels (a heavy $6). Yet today I found myself in line looking for my buffalo chicken fix. What is happening to me? The promotion is over, I never frequented it historically, but now I get the taste in my mouth and absolutely have to have it. I think this is a surefire sign of addiction. You could start taxing it outrageously like cigarettes but I’ll still have to get my nicotine meatball sub hook-up.

I used to be a Quizno’s guy. I would start arguments over how Quizno’s was so much better than Subway. All I ever ordered at Quizno’s was their Oven Roasted Turkey w/ Cheddar. Now that was a sandwich. But since I changed jobs I’m further from Quizno’s so Subway has been taking its place. I don’t know how I feel about this. Maybe healthier. Yeah, like an Olympian.

No comments:

Post a Comment