Thursday, March 29, 2012

Good Eats: The Marliave

It’s Restaurant Week in Boston so Brig and I decided to check out a local high-end establishment. We settled on The Marliave because it had one of the better Restaurant Week menus. I had gone once before with a few friends from college but it had been a couple years so I was up for it.

Last time I was there we ate outside on the patio but this time they took us upstairs to what I’ll call the classy section. It was naturally bright due to some very large windows but sadly the view was what you would expect in the Financial District. Our reservations were for 5:30 because they were booked up the rest of the night. I believe we were the second couple there but a few others were seated soon after us.

We had already seen the menu online but apparently there were a couple more additions on the physical version. I didn’t see a cheeseburger listed online and yet there it was in print! How could I not order it? I also got mixed greens for my first course and a chocolate lava cake w/ ice cream for dessert. Brig got the best mac & cheese on Earth for her first course, risotto for her entrée and butterscotch pudding for dessert. I can attest that we were both happy with our choices.

The only thing not to like about this place are its prices. I wouldn’t feel the need to go back again because I don’t think it offers anything extraordinary to allow those higher prices. It’s a good one-off though; a nice place for a first date.

2 comments:

  1. omgggg, i want that mac n' cheese right now. seriously best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete