Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hawaii

Brig and I took a vacation (just a vacation) to Maui. We were there for a week and it was everything I dreamt it would be. I wanted to keep a running diary of our trip but at the same time I didn't want to interfere with the whole experience of it. So, I used Foursquare to check into the restaurants we went to and then the next week when I was back in the office I re-created notes of our days based around where we had eaten and while my memory was still fresh. I have a Google Doc saved of our week and I would paste it here but I really added every little thing I could think of so it likely won't be of interest to everyone. But I'll try and boil it down to some major happenings.

Saturday:
Super long flight from Boston to Dallas/Fort Worth then to Kahului Airport
Rental unit in Kihei right across the street from the beach

Sunday:
Road to Hana
Lost both our sunglasses by Big Momma waves

Monday:
Surfing lessons
Pool visit

Tuesday:
Haleakala Crater
Iao Needle

Wednesday:
Brig's 26th!
Dinner at renowned Mama's Fish House

Thursday:
Te Au Moana luau
Got lei'd and ate pig roast

Friday:
Drove to Lahaina
Swam with a sea turtle

Saturday:
Spent 4 hours between rental car drop off and flight takeoff at airport bar
Worst flight ever

Well, there you go... Now it's like you were there too! But seriously, go. Just go. You don't need a reason. It's a life changer.

No comments:

Post a Comment