Thursday, November 29, 2012

A(nother) Wedding

The last of my college buddies has taken the dive. Jason in 2010, Jay in 2011 and now Jay in 2012. Certainly not me in 2013 so don't ask.

His wedding and reception were both held at the Danversport Yacht Club. The three of us were groomsmen ushers but certainly didn't complain. The bar was a cash bar but we certainly didn't complain. The DJ was... actually, I think the DJ was pretty good. I'm being a little melodramatic but we actually had a fine time. The food was good, the video diary was cool and hanging out at the hotel afterwards was fun.

It's just hard to believe that we're already at this "adult" phase of our lives. Weddings? Owning homes? Kids??? Our 5 year college reunion was just this year! Per usual, growing older scares me.

It's one thing to witness others do it, even though it still gets in my head a bit. But then to actually consider these things for myself? It's like a constant freakout. Nothing really changes when you buy a house or when you get married but at the same time everything changes. I've come to the realization that I'll never feel ready for these things even though I actually am and want them.

I've got the house so that's a step. I'm apparently getting a cat next year so that's happening. Plus, I've got this gal who's eagerly awaiting my move. It doesn't really sound scary at all. I just have to step up.

4 comments:

  1. No worries...we can have a reunion. I'll start a water baloon fight. You can be in on it this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that was a complete ambush. We lost a lot of good men that day. #neverforget

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was genius and you're all just mad you didn't think of it first. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete