Monday, January 16, 2012

Movie Review: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I thought this was a very good film. It was true to the book and held up on the big screen. The story moved quickly even though it was a little over 2 1/2 hours. Rooney Mara was hands down amazing as Lisbeth and I actually liked Daniel Craig as Blomkvist even though I wasn’t sure I would.

The fact that it didn’t do well monetarily doesn’t surprise me. R-rated movies usually make less than their unrestricted counterparts. But I think more accurately is that this is a very sick story. It’s one thing to simply read the line “He tied her to the bed and raped her” but it is a completely jarring experience to actually see the act played out in front of your eyes. To hear her screaming for help, for mercy, for anything. It was quite brutal. I can’t even imagine how the actors did it.


4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment