Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Eats: Parker's

I don't know if the Omni Parker House is really a big deal but I always thought it was. I've been working near it since I moved to Boston and everytime I passed got the feeling it was historical and fancy. When I saw that it was on the list for Restaurant Week, I knew I had to finally see what it was all about.

There are three different destinations within the Parker House: Parker's Restaurant, Parker's Bar and The Last Hurrah Bar. We ate at Parker's Restaurant and our drinks came from right up the stairs in Parker's Bar. The Last Hurrah was on the other side of the building.

First things first, we need drinks. They only provide us with a wine menu so Brig asks for a drink menu. The guy mutters something about the bar and then trudges upstairs to get us the full bar menu. Brig orders something crazy (and is suprised when she doesn't like it) and I try to order a beer but they don't have any on draft. They don't have a single draft beer. I don't have a problem with this except that the menu doesn't specify what's on tap so when my first request gets shot down and then my second request gets shot down I finally hand the menu to the waitress and ask her to read off what actually is available. March is a little early for Corona but my hand was forced.

I ordered the scallops for my first course and they were fantastic. I'm not a big seafood person but these were top notch. My entree was the grilled sirloin steak that was cooked a perfect medium and delicious. For dessert I got the Boston Cream Pie and found out that this was the original Boston Cream Pie. It wasn't Brig's favorite (she was expecting a donut) but it was pretty good.

Weirdly, even though I enjoyed all the food I wouldn't come back here. It was a very strange atmosphere and just didn't feel like a fun place (or a very fancy place either). No personality = No business.

No comments:

Post a Comment