Friday, August 17, 2012

Movie Review: The Dark Knight Rises


I promise not to include any spoilers because I was fortunate enough to make it a full month from its release without hearing any specifics about the plot.

This is a fantastic movie. It’s not big, bloated and ridiculous like Spider-Man 3 but it actually sends this franchise out on top. Epic is the first word I used to describe it as we left the theater. We saw it in IMAX and even 4 weeks after release the theater was almost completely full. The action is awesome, the characters are top notch and the plot is believable. That’s a win.

I’ve always looked kindly upon Anne Hathaway but I fell in love with her in this movie; Joseph Gordon-Levitt is still my main man; and Christian Bale even backed off the Dark Knight growl a bit. Speaking of The Dark Knight where does this movie rank in relation? Well, after only 1 viewing I have to say that Rises comes in a close second. Maybe after multiple viewings I will change my stance but The Dark Knight is perfection.

In no way was Rises a letdown and it even exceeded my expectations for it. I wasn’t sure where they could take the story after TDK but Christopher Nolan nailed it. Let’s reward him and everyone else involved in this movie with some Oscar love.

1 comment: