Thursday, May 24, 2012

Good Eats: Pescatore

We heard from Brig’s Details magazine-subscribing roommate that this little Italian place down the street was a great date spot. When I saw a Google Offer for the same place last month I jumped at the chance. Yesterday, we gave it a shot.

Pescatore’s is a classic Italian restaurant that also features quite the seafood offering. It’s a small place and the acoustics cause it to hold the sound and make it very loud. There was a graduation(?) party there so the big group of people may have been responsible but it was still a little surprising.

I have to say that we didn’t receive the greatest service. I don’t know if it’s because we had the discount offer or because we are young-looking (a gift & a curse). They gave us bread but never replaced it. They poured us water but we always had to ask for refills. They either weren’t on the same page as us or simply couldn’t keep up. And it certainly wasn’t busy enough for that excuse.

The food was fine. It actually grew on me as I ate it – savoring the last bite much more than the first. For whatever reason the menu listed asparagus with almost every item. Who is clamoring for asparagus? I think we all ended up avoiding it.

We were there for 90 minutes and for a 1 course meal that’s unacceptable. I wouldn’t really recommend this place but I also wouldn’t be surprised to hear people who’ve had a better trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment