Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Good Eats: Four Green Fields

Yesterday, I took my second trip to Four Green Fields. The first time was full of drunken hilarity but this time Brig and I met a friend for dinner. My only complaint is that I think this place tries to be fancier than it is. Why the tablecloths guys? Just let it go… you’re a bar! And an Irish bar at that.

On tap they had Smithwick’s*, Blue Moon, Sam Summer, Harpoon Summer and Harpoon IPA. I got a Smitty, Brig got the Sam Summer and our friend had the IPA. I was strongly considering a Sam Summer because 1) it’s their best seasonal and 2) it’s April so I haven’t had it in MONTHS. But, it was kind of a crappy day out and didn’t feel very summer-y so I went with the Irish Red.

They have a pretty good menu with some “fancy” items -- bangers & mash and lamb lollipops stuck out -- but between us we ordered 2 burgers and a soup/sandwich combo. We also got a spinach & artichoke dip appetizer. It was advertised as coming with “pita chips” which we took to mean as something a kin to tortilla chips. Instead we received crispy triangles of pita bread. It was odd.

The food was fine but I probably wouldn’t go there for dinner again. Drinks are another story.


*How do you pronounce this name? I’ve heard both Smittick’s and Smith-wick’s.

1 comment:

  1. lay off! everyone knows irish bars are the fanciest kind

    ReplyDelete