Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Good, the Bad and the Habit

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again -- I go through phases of interest. Remember my music blog? I got out of the habit and never got into it again. Then last year I didn’t read a book from March 2011 to June 2011 because someone stole my copy of Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Lost Symbol looked too overwhelming (When has a Dan Brown book ever been considered "overwhelming"?) Well, the same thing just happened to me again. I went 2 months (February to April) without reading a book. I don’t really have an excuse other than I haven’t had a lot of free time. I need to become invested in a book before I’ll make time for it. But it’s so incredibly difficult for me to actually open a book for the first time and make that initial investment. It’s something I’m always battling. Especially when it’s been a little while and I’m trying to get back into it. For example, I watched the first 3 seasons of Lost on Hulu literally night & day and then took one weekend off and I could. not. get. myself. to. watch. another. episode. for. the. entire. week. It’s the stupidest thing and I really don’t understand it. Any ideas to help with this ever-repeating dilemma?

2 comments:

  1. read books that I suggest...they're so good, you won't want to put them down! problem solved ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Says the girl who read Snooki's book...

    ReplyDelete