Tuesday, September 26, 2017

7 Years

In honor of our 7 year relationship anniversary (yesterday), a re-copied LiveJournal post from 1 month before we started dating:

Friday was our interns' last day. We hired 4 kids back in June to help us out. We've never had interns before so it was a new experience for all of us. I thought they were great people and did well. So we went out to celebrate at the Ames Hotel. It's an upscale hotel not far from the office and we were able to reserve the patio right off the bar. So I think 18 of us ended up going out and we were there for about 4 hours. I had an Old Fashioned for the first time in awhile (my usual whiskey go-to is a 7&7) and possibly my last mojitos of the summer. So at about 7 everyone starts filing out. A few of us are feeling good and want to stay out so we head over to Coogan's. Me, Keith, Josh, and Brigid. Brigid's our new receptionist so she hasn't been out with us yet. I have to give her credit, she held her own. Almost immediately we start with the shots. Red Headed Slut, Soco Lime, Washington Apple, Surfer On Acid. By this point we had sort of split up, and I mean that only in the drunk sense. We were still like 2 feet away from each other buy Keith & Josh were completely consumed in their conversation and Brigid & I were the same. It's like no one else existed. So it was a little jarring when Keith said they were getting the tab and leaving. So we figured it was a good idea to go too. It's funny how many different types of drunk there are. Normally my brain is swimming. It's difficult to focus and get words out. But this time I was thinking fine; I just couldn't walk or see correctly. Yeah, I said see. When we left the bar and were walking to the subway I realized that I was just doing it off of muscle memory. Instincts might be the better word. I wasn't seeing where we were I just knew it from doing it so many times. It was weird.

So Brigid & I both live off the Blue Line so we went together and were laughing and whatever. I noticed some people looking at us but didn't think anything of it because it's normal for young people to get drunk. Only later did I realize that we left at like 9:30 so it wasn't even that late! We had been going since 3:30 so it felt a lot later than it was. Whatever.

We're getting close to her stop and she asks me if I'm coming home with her. Right?! Except it didn't sound like THAT KIND of invitation. Which confused me. So I asked Why? so she could spell it out and she literally just asked it again and so I asked it again. Needless to say nothing happened haha. Later I felt like an asshole because I should have just walked her home. She lives alone and just moved here and was pretty fucking drunk. But so was I, so I was just trying to figure out how I was gonna get home. Long story short, she sent me a Facebook request today so I know she's alive. Phew. Conscience clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment